Sunday, May 16, 2010

30 Days of Dinner Time, Day 3

In the window, Amanda and Ashanti. These are two of our very good and faithful friends, always zealously committed to the work I'm doing (thanks guys). They are also married to one another.


Their dinner came from a local restaurant down the block of the hispanic persuasion, accompanied by two delicate clear bottles of what appeared to be water.

This evening was less boisterous on the outside than last night, though I had more in-depth conversations with some passers-by about the piece. In fact, one woman from the neighborhood signed up for an open slot. I was particularly interested in how it felt to watch the piece with my husband who came along... a set of spouses watching a set of spouses. I experienced a stronger sense of self-awareness in their reflection than I do when just pondering the topic of myself.

The way each pair may enact the community is exciting me. Though I wish it weren't so, Chicago is a very divided city. I am looking forward to viewing how this piece will play out in terms of cultural, racial and habitual differences being on display and what respsonses, if any, will manifest from that.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers